Managed Security Solutions
We provide an all-encompassing managed service package built around your business based on requirements and compliances. We partner with the best-in-class managed security solutions to provide a comprehensive managed IT solution. With best in class managed security solutions and 24/7 security management, we can make necessary adjustments to your IT infrastructure to provide a proactive approach to your security. Clients who leverage a comprehensive proactive managed security solution save more money in the long run compared to simply being reactive during a security breach.
It's crucial to your business' success to have both a reliable and secure network to ensure that you are following compliance and that your network is not compromised by unauthorized access. By keeping your network secure, you are decreasing downtime and saving money.
Components of a Managed Security Offering:
- IDS (Intrusion detection system): An IDS detects malicious activity and is used to determine if a server or network has been compromised or experienced unauthorized access.
- IPS (Intrusion prevention system): An IPS prevents unauthorized access by disconnecting connections that contain and unauthorized data. Intrusion Prevention Systems are often paired with an IDS.
- Log Monitoring and Management: This service automatically collects, stores, and archives log files across your business infrastructure so that you meet compliance without having to do the work manually. Not only is there less room for error in the entry process, but also enhanced security to keep all information logged secure with monitoring and security.
- Threat Monitoring and Management: By monitoring and managing potential threats that approach a network, the threats are proactively taken care of before they can do any harm.
- Risk Assessments and Risk Management: By evaluating existing security and controls and assessing how well they can handle threats to a network, a better and more custom solution can be put in place to then manage risks. Risk management solutions apply specific policies, practices, and procedures to tasks to identify, analyze, evaluate, treat and communicate risk.
- Monthly, Quarter, and Yearly Security Audits: As businesses change, their security solution may also need to change and adapt to new needs or threats. Performing security audits helps to evaluate how well a security solution conforms to a specific set of criteria. By performing them frequently, we ensure that your business' security is always top-notch.
Compliance: Many businesses must follow industry-specific compliances that can make or break their business. By keeping all information stored securely so that it cannot be accessed by an unauthorized user, businesses can be worry-free and prevent breaking any policies. Some common compliances that businesses and organizations have to abide by include:
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act): This legislation was passed to protect any shareholders as well as the general public from any accounting errors and fraudulent practices within the enterprise, and to improve the accuracy of all corporate disclosures.
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard): Created by American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa, the PCI DSS intends to provide security of credit, debit and cash card transactions so that cardholders are protected from misuse of their personal information.
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act): HIPAA Compliance protects patients' sensitive personal and medical data.
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act): Also known as the Financial Modernization Act of 1999, the GLBA was made to control how financial institutions deal with individuals' private information.
- Penetration Testing: Utilizing penetration tests helps determine whether or not a system is vulnerable to attacks. A penetration test is a software attack on a system/network that specifically looks for security weaknesses so that they can be more easily defined.
- Vulnerability Assessments: By identifying, defining and ranking vulnerabilities within a system or network, guidelines are developed for counter measurements to prevent and/or be prepared attacks.
- Malware Defense: From proactive to reactive Malware defense solutions, it's important to have a complete malware defense solution as simply being reactive isn't the most cost-efficient. All businesses are prone to vulnerabilities, and new malware threats come about every day.
- Incident Response: This approach both addresses and manages the aftermath of a security breach. The goal is to handle the incident in a way that both limits damage and minimizes recovery time and costs.
- 24/7 Security Staffing and Incident Response: To make sure your business is always secure, we have 24/7 security staff monitoring your network and responding to incidents so that any security breach is immediately taken care of, minimizing downtime.
- Security Alert Monitoring and Management: Networks that are monitored 24/7 receive real-time alerts when necessary so that businesses are kept up-to-speed with anything that is going on within their network.
To protect your business from threats and security breaches, contact us today by emailing us at email@example.com or calling (877)598-3999. A Converged managed security specialist will assist you.