Different Types of Nortel Phones
With over 100 years of history, Nortel is a trusted brand that delivers on the promise of business efficiency and simplicity. They are one of the most respected brands today for business communication systems and business phones. No matter what you are looking for, you will be in luck because you can find a simple business phone or anything up to a fully integrated communication system that can be scaled up to any size.
You aren't hurting for a lack of choices when it comes to Nortel either. There are dozens of different models and lines. To help make your evaluation and decision process as easy as possible, here are a few of the available models and lines from Nortel.
- Business Phones: With IP business phones, wireless phones, digital phones, fully integrated communication systems and much more, there is a Nortel business phone designed to handle any need, circumstance or environment. Nortel business phones are made to take advantage of the cutting edge in technology, which means you can consider your communications as an edge you hold over the competition in terms of features and efficiency.
- Nortel Norstar: If you have a small or medium sized organization, you can scale up your Nortel Norstar system to up to 248 ports. What you get is an intricate communications system with VoIP, feature-rich messaging systems, business phones, terminals and more.
- Nortel Norstar CICS: The Norstar CICS or Norstar Compact Integrated Communication System is the workhorse behind a powerful communication system which will handle 4-8 business lines and 8-24 extensions on those lines.
- Nortel BCM: Nortel BCM or Nortel Business Communications Manager is extremely feature-rich and 100% scalable. You have all of the options that your office would ever need, from entry or door phones to mobile desktop phones, and so on down the line.
- Nortel Communication Server 1000: The Nortel Communication Server 1000 is a server based communication system tat comes with a wide array of features, functions and capabilities. Using IP technology, the Communication Server 1000 is the base piece of Nortel Enterprise Unified Communications which means it can be setup with a huge array of different equipment and services.
- Nortel Communication Server 2000: This server can be hooked up with existing networks or it can be the basis of a network as your business transitions into VoIP technology to provide more features and functions at improved costs and efficiency levels.
- Nortel Communication Server 2100: The 2100 is an upgraded or scaled up version of the 2000. You can use this for true enterprise scale communications systems and services. No matter how large and complex your organization is, it can rely on this server to handle the workload.
This is just a brief overview of the many different business phone products and services that Nortel produces. As you might be able to guess at this point, no matter what your business or organization is looking for, it will find a strong match with a Nortel business communication system or product.
You may also be interested in this article The Nortel Call Pilot for Business Communications