SIP Phone Service
SIP phone service is becoming the number one way that service providers deliver dialtone to clients. Not only is it more cost-effective for providers for voice calls to be presented over SIP Trunks there are more beneficial attributes that SIP provide to businesses.SIP Phone Service Beneficial Attributes:
More reliable: SIP has more intrinsic failover capabilities as it sends voice packets over internet connections. If path 1 is blocked it can automatically go over path 2. If you understand how data requests are routed, it leverages the provider's data networks and routing systems to send calls to and from businesses.
- Less points of failure: Since SIP is a voice protocol that rides over the internet providers are not only riding voice calls over their own transport or hard wire connections they are also leveraging a secondary internet connection such as Cellular of Cable internet connection for another path for voice calls to re-route if primary path is blocked.
- Less Equipment: Less equipment means fewer failures!
- Non Legacy Technology: Since SIP rides over newer infrastructure SIP trunks are less prone to issues.
- Phone System Failover: More phone system manufacturers such as Avaya have provided solutions like the Avaya IP Office Server Edition to easily fail over trunking from primary Call Server due to an outage of secondary Call Server. Whereas in the past PRI had to be physically unplugged and plugged back in costing time and money. In addition, hosted and cloud phone system providers leverage SIP phone service to provide lower cost solutions.
- Flexible number portability: This allows clients that want non-local numbers to purchase a non-local number and increase coverage.
- Bundled services: SIP providers can more easily extend unlimited calling plans to clients and/or less expensive block minutes for long distance calls. More and more multiple location businesses are centralizing all calls at the main site and connecting remote sites over the WAN allowing remote sites to utilize dialtone at the main site.
- Faster Turnups: Clients that require voice connections in a pinch can obtain voice services easily and in shorter turnaround times.
- Proactive Support: Since internet connections are easier to monitor, providers can identify bottlenecks more quickly, outages faster and score voice calls based around MoS (Mean Opinion Score). This helps providers put automatic workflows and processes in place to prevent degradation or future outages.
- Burstable during Peak Times: SIP trunks can be easily turned up for peak and/or seasonal times. For retail businesses that might see an increase in voice calls during the holiday season, they can setup additional voice turns without long term agreements and/or wasteful voice resources.
No! SIP trunking providers can provide conversion devices to provide analog trunk, POTS, or PRI handoff. This way you are not forced to upgrade your phone system.Is SIP Trunking Secure?
With the popularity of SIP Trunking growing has re-introduced toll fraud and a high amount of hacking attempts. SBC (Session Border Controllers) are recommended to provide an extra layer of security against hackers.How do I order SIP Trunks properly?
SIP Trunks are just like any other phone line. When you contact your Account Manager at Converged Communication Systems, simply provide the amount of Concurrent Voice Calls to the outside world. If you are migrating from a 23 channel voice PRI, ask for 23 concurrent SIP Trunk paths. Some providers can make the verbiage sound confusing; however, if you advise them you need 23 concurrent paths or sessions it will help expedite the sales process.
If you'd like to see how SIP Phone service can benefit your business, contact CCS today by calling (877) 598-3999 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A sales representative will assist you.