Data Center Providers
What is a Data Center Provider?
Data centers are either a virtual or physical infrastructure that house computers, servers, storage systems, and telecommunications or networking systems. They typically house cooling systems, backup power supply solutions, redundant networking connections, and security systems based on policies. Data center providers essentially power your network and infrastructure in a location that is specifically set up for high power needs, and meets all hardware storage requirements.Benefits of Data Centers:
- Reduced Costs: Utilizing a managed data center provider means needing less hardware (including routers, servers, etc.), ultimately allowing businesses to decrease their operation costs. Additionally, less staff is needed therefore eliminating the extra costs of labor.
- Disaster Recovery: Even if your business has a solid disaster recovery plan, you are still better off if you have your equipment and server and system data backed up in a data center. If a natural disaster wipes out your office and all the equipment is destroyed, you have no way of bouncing back from that immediately.
- Compliance: For businesses needing to meet compliance, it's simple to do so as data centers are readily equipped with proper the proper technology to make your business immediately compliant.
Clients are leveraging Data Centers worldwide to increase redundancy and resiliency to business critical applications that must remain up at all times or have a higher likelihood of staying up. Businesses are presented with options to purchase additional hardware, utilities such as power, and dialtone and internet services, or they can elect to move some core infrastructure to data centers that have attractive offerings for businesses of any size. In addition, businesses that require a high level of compliance such as SOX, HIPAA, or PCI, can easily spin up applications in the datacenter and become compliant within minutes due to these facilities having the necessary security and technologies in place to remain compliant.
Some examples of data centers we work with include:
- CenturyLink: Offering network and data systems management, CenturyLink operates more than 55 data centers across North America, Europe and Asia.
- Equinix: Operating over 100 data centers, Equinix provides colocation services that provide high levels of security and truly reliable solutions.
- Zayo: With a network footprint extending 85,500 miles, Zayo was founded in 2007 and now serves eight countries and 46 states. They acquired Latisys in 2015, and upon the companies merging began providing some of the most impressive data center solutions available.
- Steadfast: One of the leading Data Center Service companies in the Midwest, Steadfeast specializes in flexible cloud environments, colocation hosting, and disaster recovery out of their fully redundancy data centers based in Chicago and New Jersey.
- CoreSite: Delivering reliable and secure data center solutions, CoreSite operates 16 data centers among eight major communications markets across the United States.
- IO: Founded in 2007, IO provides data center services to businesses and organizations around the world.
- Digital Realty: Headquartered in San Francisco, Digital Realty provides datacenter and colocation services out of there 101 properties across the world.
Let the consultants at Converged Communication Systems help your business locate the right data center for your business needs. Converged works with data centers worldwide to design and consult on the best solutions for your needs. In addition, Converged can help design a strategy to make your move to the data center seamless as well as provide professional services to help you move.
Our consultants and professional services can help:
- Design a single data center
- Design a multiple data center that is geographically dispersed
- Assist with cross connects for your dialtone and internet needs
- Provide options of providers who are located in the data centers
- Migrate your telecom and IT infrastructure
- Manage and monitor
Data center space isn't simply a rack and power; however, it's a larger decision as you may have to move or add dialtone or internet services to connect to your other sites. Some providers layer on managed infrastructure or hybrid solution options that can be confusing to most commercial businesses. Let CCS take away that confusion, email us at email@example.com or call us today (877) 598-3999.